TQ2892 : Princes Park Manor

taken 8 years ago, near to Friern Barnet, Barnet, Great Britain

Princes Park Manor
Princes Park Manor
Originally Colney Hatch Asylum. Building started in 1849 to a design by S W Daukes. The foundation stone was laid by Prince Albert. The asylum opened in 1851. It was built to hold 1000 patients and had 6 miles of corridors - it was the largest in Europe. The site was extended over time to hold 2000 patients and the name Colney Hatch became synonymous with madness, such that the hospital name was changed on several occasions, finally becoming Friern Hospital in 1959. It closed in 1993 and was converted to housing. A fuller history is available from LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Martin Addison and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ2892, 109 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 25 September, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 26 September, 2009
Category
Hospital (converted)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 284 921 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:36.8286N 0:8.7997W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 284 923
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 105 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register