NT2674 : St. Andrew's House, Regent Road

taken 8 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

St. Andrew's House, Regent Road
St. Andrew's House, Regent Road
Government offices in the art deco style, designed by Thomas Tait to house the Secretary of State for Scotland and all the Scottish government departments for the first time under one roof. It still accommodates around 1,400 civil servants under the new devolved government arrangements. It occupies the site of the demolished Calton Gaol and was the largest steel-framed building in Europe when built. It opened for business on 4 September 1939, the official royal opening ceremony planned for the following week being cancelled because of the outbreak of war.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright kim traynor and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2674, 886 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 26 September, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 2 October, 2009
Category
Government buildings   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 261 740 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:57.2214N 3:11.0366W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 262 740
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 78 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register