SE3320 : The Chantry Chapel of St Mary (1)

taken 8 years ago, near to Wakefield, Great Britain

The Chantry Chapel of St  Mary (1)
The Chantry Chapel of St Mary (1)
The Chantry Chapel of St Mary sits on the east side of Wakefield Bridge. It was constructed circa 1350 and consists of three bays resting on a high blank undercroft with the foundations in the water. This chapel is the sole survivor of four wayside chapels built during the Middle Ages on roads leading to the town of Wakefield. The chapel was restored between 1967 and 1971. It is a grade 1 listed building.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mike Kirby and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE3320, 805 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 21 September, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 3 October, 2009
Category
Listed Building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 338 201 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:40.5962N 1:29.3702W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 338 201
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Bridge Chapel  Grade 1 Listed Building 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 82 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register