NT2673 : Institute of Geography, Edinburgh University

taken 8 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

Institute of Geography, Edinburgh University
Institute of Geography, Edinburgh University
This building with its Italian-Renaissance facade was built in 1853 by the architect David Bryce (1803-1876)as the New Surgical Hospital. The University acquired the building in the early 20th century when it then housed the Physics Department and now the School of GeoSciences.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright ronnie leask and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2673, 1940 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 26 September, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 4 October, 2009
Category
University   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 261 734 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:56.8874N 3:11.0168W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 261 733
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 605 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register