TQ3615 : East Chiltington Parish Church

taken 8 years ago, near to East Chiltington, East Sussex, Great Britain

East Chiltington Parish Church
East Chiltington Parish Church
Originally built as a chapel of ease back in the 12th century as East Chiltington was originally part of the parish of Westmeston. The tower was added in the 14th century and the church was restored towards the end of the 19th. It was raised to the status of parish church in 1909 when East Chiltington was detached from Westmeston. Like nearby Streat the dedication is unknown.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Carey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3615, 89 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 4 October, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 5 October, 2009
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 369 151 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:55.1631N 0:3.1730W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 369 151
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 14 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register