NZ2215 : St. Edwin's Church and Vicarage

taken 12 years ago, near to High Coniscliffe, Darlington, Great Britain

St. Edwin's Church and Vicarage
St. Edwin's Church and Vicarage
The unusually long Church of St. Edwin's is mainly of late 12th or 15th century date, the spire is later. The Church was restored in 1844. It is likely that there was an Anglo-Saxon Church here in the 10th and 11th centuries as the Church contains many pieces of Anglo-Saxon sculptures.
(High Coniscliffe : Old Norse ; King's Cliffe)
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Hugh Mortimer and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ2215, 33 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 15 April, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 15 April, 2006
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 227 152 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:31.8944N 1:39.0441W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 224 151
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 275 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register