TF6626 : Empty pastures where a village once used to be

taken 8 years ago, near to Castle Rising, Norfolk, Great Britain

Empty pastures where a village once used to be
Empty pastures where a village once used to be
This is the site of the lost village of Babingley. The parish was located on the western side of the A149, 1 mile north-west of Castle Rising, and 5 miles north-north-east of King's Lynn. In 1602 the now TF6626 : The ruined church of St Felix is described as 'decayed' and 8 communicants only were listed for the year 1603. By 1611 all the land was in the hands of one lord. The destruction of villages did not go unnoticed and the spate of desertions which took place in the 16th century caused much disquiet.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Evelyn Simak and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF6626, 31 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 9 October, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 October, 2009
Category
Pasture   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 663 262 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:48.5047N 0:27.9919E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 666 261
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 21 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register