TQ5993 : Ruins of St. Thomas a Becket chapel

taken 8 years ago, near to Brentwood, Essex, Great Britain

Ruins of St. Thomas a Becket chapel
Ruins of St. Thomas a Becket chapel
These ruins stand along Brentwood's High Street, close to The Baytree Centre. The chapel dates back to the 13th century and all the remains now is part of the west and north wall of the nave and the lower half of the 14th century tower. The fabric of the tower shows some re-used Roman brick. The building remained in use as a chapel until 1835 and it was then used as a boys school until 1869 when it was mostly demolished.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Robert Edwards and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ5993, 123 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 10 October, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 October, 2009
Category
Chapel (ruined)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 595 937 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:37.2143N 0:18.1730E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 595 937
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Fourth Visitor for TQ5993)
This page has been viewed about 475 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register