TQ3179 : The Ring. Blackfriars Road, London

taken 8 years ago, near to City of London, Great Britain

The Ring. Blackfriars Road, London
The Ring. Blackfriars Road, London
The Ring was named after a building on the north-east corner of Blackfriars Road and Union Street.

It was originally constructed in 1782 as the Surrey Chapel. When the congregation moved to a larger church in 1876, the octagonal building was used for a time as a factory after the and afterwards for boxing, when it became known as "The Ring." It was badly damaged during the war and has now been entirely demolished.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Rogerson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3179, 1157 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 7 October, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 11 October, 2009
Category
Public house > Public house   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 316 799 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:30.2059N 0:6.2848W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 317 800
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 37 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register