NT2573 : Dr. Gregory bust, South Bridge

taken 8 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

Dr. Gregory bust, South Bridge
Dr. Gregory bust, South Bridge
Dr. John Gregory, Professor of Physic at Edinburgh from 1766 to 1773, best remembered for his patent medicine 'Gregory's Mixture' made from magnesia, rhubarb and ginger which was in great demand after its inclusion in the Edinburgh Pharmacopia in 1839. The powdered magnesia was supplied from the chemical works of Dr. Thomas Steel at Morningside (on the site of 'Steel's Place') and the rhubarb was grown by the Dicks of Prestonfield. The bust stands in a corridor outside the University Senate Rooms.

NT2673 : Grave of Dr. Gregory, Canongate Kirkyard
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright kim traynor and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2573, 5165 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 27 September, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 11 October, 2009
Category
Bust   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 259 733 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:56.8479N 3:11.1981W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 260 733
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 19 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register