SK9716 : St Mary's Church, Clipsham

taken 8 years ago, near to Clipsham, Rutland, Great Britain

St Mary's Church, Clipsham
St Mary's Church, Clipsham
A fine village church built over several centuries in local stone with Norman arches and pillars. There is a C13th tower with unusual broach spire and three C17th bells. The west window is an unusual bird window. Above the north door is the beautifully carved Royal Coat of Arms from 1603-48. The South Aisle is C14th. There are several interesting memorials, including one by Pugin. The church was restored in 1858 and much of the stained glass dates from this time. Text taken from LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Armstrong and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK9716, 153 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 October, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 11 October, 2009
Category
Church (Church of England)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 970 163 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:44.1655N 0:33.8794W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 970 163
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 51 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register