SE7972 : St Mary's Priory, Old Malton

taken 8 years ago, near to Old Malton, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

St Mary's Priory, Old Malton
St Mary's Priory, Old Malton
Located on the B1257 Town Street, this Norman Church was founded in 1100 and completed in 1150. It is the only Gilbertine House, out of a total of 26 which originated in medieval England, which is still used for regular public worship. Now only one third of its original size, it contains 35 fine misericords. Its postcode is YO17 7HB.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Hillas and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE7972, 85 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 27 June, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 15 October, 2009
Category
Church (Church of England)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 798 726 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:8.5930N 0:46.7393W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 798 725
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 121 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register