NT2573 : Mercat Cross and City Chambers

taken 16 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

Mercat Cross and City Chambers.
Mercat Cross and City Chambers.
The City Chambers was designed by John Adam (1721-1791). It was originally intended as the Royal Exchange, in which local merchants could conduct their business. They, however, preferred the taverns and the High Street itself. It was taken over by the Town Council in 1811.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Colin Smith and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2573, 5244 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
March 2002   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 22 April, 2006
Category
Local Government offices   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 256 736 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:56.9790N 3:11.5769W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 257 735
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 62 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register