SE0797 : Ellerton Priory

taken 12 years ago, near to Marrick, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

Ellerton Priory
Ellerton Priory
Ruins of Ellerton Priory, founded by Warnerus, Lord of Aske in the reign of Henry II (1154-1189) and inhabited by nuns of the austere Cistercian order. The priory was sacked in the reign of Edward III (1327-1377). At the time of its dissolution in 1535 its estate was valued at 15 10s 6d.per annum.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Hugh Mortimer and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE0797, 17 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 29 April, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 29 April, 2006
Category
Religious buildings > Priory   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 079 973 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:22.2690N 1:52.7943W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 078 970
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SE0797) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 156 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register