NT2874 : Craigentinny House, Loaning Road

near to Leith, Edinburgh, Great Britain

Craigentinny House, Loaning Road
Craigentinny House, Loaning Road
A 16thC "Scoto-French château" (James Grant), built for the Nisbet family, whose lands were sold in the 18thC to a Quaker seed merchant, William Miller. His son was the eccentric bibliophile, William Henry Miller, who ordered his mausoleum on the estate to be dug to a depth of forty feet. The house, damaged by a stray German bomb in 1942, is now used by the City Council's Social Work Department.

NT2974 : Miller Mausoleum, Craigentinny Crescent
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright kim traynor and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2009
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2874, 75 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Saturday, 5 December, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 5 December, 2009
Category
House   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 285 747 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:57.5983N 3:8.8088W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 285 746
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 235 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
donations welcome!