SJ3787 : Interior of Sefton Park Palm House

taken 12 years ago, 3 km from Liverpool, Great Britain

Interior of  Sefton Park Palm House
Interior of Sefton Park Palm House
Opened in 1896, Sefton Park Palm House was designed by architects McKenzie and Moncur and was a gift from Henry Yates Thompson at a cost of 12,000. The iron frame supporting the great glass dome is 100 feet wide and 70 feet high. Having fallen into disrepair in the 70's and 80's the Palm House was in danger of being demolished but due to the perseverance an action group it received a Heritage Lottery Grant in 2000 and was restored to its former glory.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3787, 158 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 5 May, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 6 May, 2006
Category
Palm house   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 378 875 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:22.8402N 2:56.1915W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 407 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register