SD9851 : Springs Branch Canal, Skipton

taken 25 years ago, near to Skipton, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

Springs Branch Canal, Skipton
Springs Branch Canal, Skipton
The half-mile long Springs Branch joins the main line of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal in Skipton, and terminates just beyond the walls of Skipton Castle, where high above was the terminus of a mineral railway from Haw Bank Quarry, allowing stone to be loaded into boats at this point. The mineral railway became disused in the 1930s and has now been lifted, and the Springs Branch is not now navigable above this point, just below Mill Bridge.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Dr Neil Clifton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD9851, 1036 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 11 April, 1992   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 7 January, 2010
Category
Canal   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 989 518 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:57.7854N 2:1.0404W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 989 518
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 48 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register