SK5451 : Church of St James

taken 8 years ago, near to Papplewick, Nottinghamshire, Great Britain

Church of St James
Church of St James
Papplewick church is thought to have been originally built in the 12th century. The present tower dates from the 14th century. The nave and chancel were rebuilt by Frederick Montagu in 1795 after he had rebuilt Papplewick Hall (see SK5451 : Papplewick Hall). Legend has it that Alan A'Dale, one of Robin Hood's men, was married here.
LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link )
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Trevor Rickard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK5451, 72 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 7 November, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 8 January, 2010
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 546 515 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:3.4890N 1:11.2073W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 545 514
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 183 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register