SK4240 : Station House

taken 16 years ago, near to West Hallam, Derbyshire, Great Britain

Station House
Station House
The Great Northern Railway (GNR) cut an east-west line through Stanley Village in 1876/7 and the Stanley Station opened in 1878. Confusion with another GNR station of the same name in Yorkshire soon resulted in Derbyshire's station being renamed "West Hallam for Dale Abbey". The former station house is now a garden centre/nursery.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Garth Newton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK4240, 21 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 23 March, 2002   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 9 June, 2005
Category
Garden centre   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 425 408 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:57.7838N 1:22.0516W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 425 407
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SK4240) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 248 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register