TQ1586 : Harrow on the Hill: The Chapel of St Dominic

taken 8 years ago, near to Harrow on The Hill, Harrow, Great Britain

Harrow on the Hill: The Chapel of St Dominic
Harrow on the Hill: The Chapel of St Dominic
The chapel was built between 1921 and 1924 in the grounds of The Mount, which had been used since 1878 as a Dominican convent. Today it is in the grounds of St Dominic's Sixth Form College. The chapel was designed in the Perpendicular style by Arthur Young of Young and Reid. Of interest are the turret with its pointed spire and the castellated porch (in the shadow on the left).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Cox and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ1586, 26 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 2 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 9 January, 2010
Category
Chapel (Catholic)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 151 866 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:33.9920N 0:20.4292W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 150 866
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 218 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register