SD7807 : St Thomas and St John Church with St Philip, Radcliffe

taken 8 years ago, near to Radcliffe, Bury, Great Britain

St Thomas and St John Church with St Philip, Radcliffe
St Thomas and St John Church with St Philip, Radcliffe
Radcliffe's most visible landmark, St Thomas' Church on Blackburn Street, was founded in 1819. The original church was demolished and rebuilt on the same site in 1862 with the tower added 1870-71. The church, which can be seen on the horizon for many miles, is a Grade II listed building (English Heritage Building ID: 210589 LinkExternal link British Listed Buildings). In 1974 the parishes of St Thomas and St John were united. LinkExternal link

It is viewed here from the path which leads from the corner of Blackburn Street and New Church Street.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD7807, 559 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 17 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 18 January, 2010
Geographical Context
City, Town centre  Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 784 072 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:33.6583N 2:19.5722W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 784 071
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 34 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register