SP4932 : Aynho Wharf

taken 8 years ago, near to Clifton, Oxfordshire, Great Britain

Aynho Wharf
Aynho Wharf
Seen from Aynho Bridge on the B4031, Aynho Wharf has a boatyard and chandlery facilities. The Oxford Canal was originally opened through to Oxford in 1790 and, until the more direct Grand Junction (later Grand Union) route was opened, this was the main artery for transporting goods between the Midlands and London. Today it is a popular cruising canal.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen McKay and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP4932, 48 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 17 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 23 January, 2010
Category
Canal   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 497 323 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:59.2593N 1:16.6252W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 497 322
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 75 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register