SD5192 : St George's Church, Castle Street, Kendal

taken 12 years ago, near to Kendal, Cumbria, Great Britain

St George's Church, Castle Street, Kendal
St George's Church, Castle Street, Kendal
The main part of the church was built in 1839-41, designed by G. Webster. The chancel was added in a different style with stone of a different colour in 1910-11, designed by Austin & Paley. The two thin polygonal towers of the west front are unusual. The nave is wide, without aisles. The porch and the small buildings that flank it are modern.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD5192, 440 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 7 May, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 10 May, 2006
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 519 929 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:19.7633N 2:44.4681W
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 157 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register