NZ2464 : Magnet and Andrews Houses, Gallowgate (detail)

taken 8 years ago, near to Newcastle Upon Tyne, Great Britain

Magnet and Andrews Houses, Gallowgate (detail)
Magnet and Andrews Houses, Gallowgate (detail)
Office blocks on the north side of Gallowgate NZ2464 : Magnet and Andrews Houses, Gallowgate built around 1930 for the General Electric Company. The buildings are clad with Portland Stone and brick. The severity of the design is mollified by the addition of coloured plaques featuring robot-like figures in dramatic poses, inspired by the 1930s wonder and enchantment with power generation.
Tyne and Wear HER(8695): Newcastle, Gallowgate, Magnet House & Andrews House LinkExternal link

Converted in 2002 to student flats as Magnet Court.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andrew Curtis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ2464, 1841 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 21 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 23 January, 2010
Category
Offices > Offices   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 2455 6446 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:58.4492N 1:37.0804W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 2455 6444
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 46 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register