SD5192 : Former Inghamite Chapel, Bankfield Road, Kendal

near to Kendal, Cumbria, Great Britain

Former Inghamite Chapel, Bankfield Road, Kendal
Former Inghamite Chapel, Bankfield Road, Kendal
The English Heritage on-line thesaurus defines an Inghamite chapel as one for followers of Benjamin Ingham after he left the Moravians prior to joining the Sandamanians. Benjamin Ingham was a Yorkshire preacher in the mid 1700s and toured Yorkshire and Lancashire after being ordained in 1735. His followers established around 100 chapels at the height of his popularity, but only two are still in use, at Wheatley Lane and at Salterforth, both in the Pendle area of Lancashire. He died in 1772. The Kendal chapel was built in 1844 in the then old-fashioned late Georgian style with round-arched windows and a pedimented front. It has been converted to flats.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2006
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD5192, 409 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 7 May, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 11 May, 2006
Category
Church or chapel (converted)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 511 923 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:19.4353N 2:45.2003W
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


This page has been viewed about 296 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
donations welcome!