TL1551 : Blunham Church and Rectory

taken 18 years ago, near to Blunham, Bedfordshire, Great Britain

Blunham Church and Rectory
Blunham Church and Rectory
An interesting pair of buildings seen through the bare trees of early spring. The church has an unusual double dedication to St James & St Edmund. Parts of it date from Norman times but the extraordinary ironstone tower with its buttresses and pinnacles is dated 1883. The Rectory with its complicated roof and chimneys was built in 1874 in yellow brick, probably to the design of the Bedford architect John Usher. Pevsner characterises it as "huge and grim".
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Tiger and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TL1551, 31 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
March 1999   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 28 January, 2010
Category
Rectory (former)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 153 511 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:8.7801N 0:18.9481W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 152 509
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 83 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register