NU1620 : Church of St James, South Charlton (Eglingham)

taken 8 years ago, near to South Charlton, Northumberland, Great Britain

Church of St James, South Charlton (Eglingham)
Church of St James, South Charlton (Eglingham)
South Charlton church was built in 1862 at the expense of the Duke of Northumberland. This was designed by James Deason of London to imitate the earlier style of architecture known as Early English. The plan is a simple nave, without aisles, chancel, adjoining vestry and porch. Fine stone known as ashlar, cut stone dressings and Lakeland slates were used. The style of the windows is the lancet type - real medieval examples can be seen elsewhere in the county. The simple exterior is matched by a simple interior. This is a Grade II Listed Building protected by law.
LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Les Hull and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NU1620, 20 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 26 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 31 January, 2010
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 164 202 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:28.5317N 1:44.4695W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 164 202
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for NU1620)
This page has been viewed about 63 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register