TQ5738 : The Cottage, Tunbridge Wells Common

taken 11 years ago, near to Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, Great Britain

The Cottage, Tunbridge Wells Common
The Cottage, Tunbridge Wells Common
An enlargement of the late seventeenth or early eighteenth century Kentish Cottage, named from the long vanished farmhouse known as Kentish Villa a little to the north. It was the summer retreat from c.1850 of the Scottish preacher Dr John Cumming. In front of the Cottage are oaks probably planted around 1700 to mark the boundary of the Common: others of similar age can be seen further along the path to the north.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright N Chadwick and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ5738, 447 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 6 February, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 31 January, 2010
Category
Cottage   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 576 388 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:7.6234N 0:15.1007E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 576 388
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 9 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register