SD7701 : Swinton Town Hall/Salford Civic Centre

taken 8 years ago, near to Swinton, Salford, Great Britain

Swinton Town Hall/Salford Civic Centre
Swinton Town Hall/Salford Civic Centre
Swinton and Pendlebury Town Hall on Chorley Road was opened in September 1938. In 1974 the new 'city of Salford' was formed following the reorganisation of local government in England and Wales and Swinton town hall was chosen as the administrative headquarters of the new Metropolitan District's office, and so, on 1 April 1974, it officially became the Salford Civic Centre.
LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD7701, 26 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 29 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 31 January, 2010
Category
Town Hall   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 775 016 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:30.6684N 2:20.3816W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 775 017
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Fourth Visitor for SD7701)
This page has been viewed about 2471 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register