TQ3296 : St Andrew's Parish Church, Enfield Town

taken 8 years ago, near to Forty Hill, Enfield, Great Britain

St Andrew's Parish Church, Enfield Town
St Andrew's Parish Church, Enfield Town
Certainly for well over 800 years, possibly for nearly a thousand, Christian worship has continued on this site.

The Church dates mainly from the 14th and 15th centuries. It contains a superb 18th century organ case and fine collection of monuments, particularly the brass to Lady Joyce Tiptoft (1446) and the memorial to Sir Nicholas Rainton of Forty Hall (1646).

LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link )
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Christine Matthews and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3296, 823 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 30 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 2 February, 2010
Category
Churches   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 327 966 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:39.1834N 0:4.9218W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 328 966
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 79 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register