NT4882 : The Old Church of St Andrew, Gullane

taken 12 years ago, near to Gullane, East Lothian, Great Britain

The Old Church of St Andrew, Gullane
The Old Church of St Andrew, Gullane
It is thought that a Church dedicated to St Andrew was first established here as early as the 9th Century. The current ruins date from the 12th Century and continued as a place of worship until 1612 when the Scots Parliament decreed a move to Dirleton because that was where most of the Parishioners were.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Kevin Rae and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT4882, 67 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 14 May, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 14 May, 2006
Category
Church (ruined)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 480 827 [100m precision]
WGS84: 56:2.0612N 2:50.1642W
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for NT4882)
This page has been viewed about 358 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register