SU5290 : GWR Castle Class 5051 Earl Bathurst

taken 10 years ago, near to Didcot, Oxfordshire, Great Britain

GWR Castle Class 5051 Earl Bathurst
GWR Castle Class 5051 Earl Bathurst
Earl Bathurst is a Castle class locomotive, it was originally built as Drysllwyn Castle in May 1936. The locomotives first shed allocation was Swansea Landore. Renamed Earl Bathurst in August 1937; the name coming from a de-named GWR Dukedog Class. It was moved to Neath shed in April 1961 before its final move to Llanelly in February 1963. After 1.3million miles she was withdrawn May 1963. It was acquired by Woodham Brothers scrapyard in Barry, South Wales in October 1963.
After a while rusting away in the famous yard 5051 was sold to the Great Western Society at Didcot Railway Centre. The engine was the 4th departure from Barry in March 1969.

LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ashley Dace and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU5290, 493 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 26 May, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 4 February, 2010
Category
Trains > Steam locomotives   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 524 907 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:36.8051N 1:14.6777W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 524 907
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 207 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register