NT2275 : Clock tower, Western General Hospital

taken 8 years ago, near to Granton, Edinburgh, Great Britain

Clock tower, Western General Hospital
Clock tower, Western General Hospital
Built in 1868 as the new St Cuthbert's Poorhouse, covering the west of the city, the building became a military hospital for the duration of the Great War and reverted to being the Craigleith Poorhouse until 1929 when it became the Western General Hospital. It is now tucked away, almost out of sight, buried amidst the many later buildings of no obvious architectural merit that constitute the modern hospital. LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link )
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright kim traynor and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2275, 89 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 30 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 5 February, 2010
Category
Clock > Clock tower   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 229 750 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:57.7357N 3:14.1184W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 229 750
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 320 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register