NT2477 : Houses in Lower Granton Road

taken 8 years ago, near to Granton, Edinburgh, Great Britain

Houses in Lower Granton Road
Houses in Lower Granton Road
Houses on the road leading from Newhaven to Granton Harbour. The harbour and houses were built by the Duke of Buccleuch between 1835 and 1844. Coal was brought to Granton from Midlothian by rail and loaded onto ships for export. The railway embankment which stood opposite these houses, blocking their view of the Forth, was removed in the early 1980s.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright kim traynor and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2477, 47 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 30 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 5 February, 2010
Category
Terraced housing   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 242 770 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:58.7984N 3:12.9695W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 242 770
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 29 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register