NT2377 : Former HMS Claverhouse, Granton Square

taken 8 years ago, near to Granton, Edinburgh, Great Britain

Former HMS Claverhouse, Granton Square
Former HMS Claverhouse, Granton Square
The former Granton Inn, designed by William Burn and built in 1838 as part of the development of Granton Square by the 5th Duke of Buccleuch. It provided a convenient stopping point for ferry passengers en route to the north, especially after the introduction of the Granton-Burntisland rail ferry in 1850. In the 1940s, it became an onshore naval station for Britain's Coastal Forces and still operates as a training centre for Royal Navy Reserves and Cadets.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright kim traynor and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2377, 102 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 30 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 5 February, 2010
Category
Maritime history   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 237 770 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:58.8320N 3:13.3936W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 237 770
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 82 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register