SK9162 : Aubourn clock tower

taken 8 years ago, near to Aubourn, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Aubourn clock tower
Aubourn clock tower
The 'new' St.Peter's parish church was built 1861-3 by John H Hakewill, but fell into disrepair in the 1960s. The nave and transepts were demolished in 1974 with the tower and east facing clock, given in memory of Camilla Hopkinson of Marlborough Farm, retained. A Heritage Lottery Fund grant in 2004 has allowed the tower to be restored and maintained as Aubourn Clock Tower, managed by Aubourn & Haddington Parish Council LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK9162, 51 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 30 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 5 February, 2010
Category
Clock > Clock tower   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 919 625 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:9.1189N 0:37.5987W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 919 625
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 31 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register