TQ2549 : Entrance to the Woodlands Estate

taken 8 years ago, near to Reigate, Surrey, Great Britain

Entrance to the Woodlands Estate
Entrance to the Woodlands Estate
A 1960s or 70s estate built in a former sandpit. All the roads are named after vicars of St Mary's Church: in this photo are Sheldon Close (to the left; named after Frederick Sheldon, vicar from 1947 to 1957) and Lymden Gardens (bending round to the right; named after John Lymden, vicar from 1532 to 1536 and the last prior of Reigate prior to the dissolution of Reigate Priory in the Reformation). The other roads on the estate are Harrison Close (named after John Harrison, vicar from 1847 to 1901), Talbot Close (named after Richard Talbot, vicar from 1929 to 1947) and Cranston Close (named after Andrew Cranston, vicar from 1697 and 1708 and founder of the Cranston Library, the first public lending library in Britain - see TQ2550 : St Mary's Church, Reigate).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ian Capper and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ2549, 373 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 26 July, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 6 February, 2010
Category
Houses > Houses   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 256 495 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:13.8711N 0:12.1283W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 255 495
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 82 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register