TQ2549 : Lymden Gardens

taken 8 years ago, near to Reigate, Surrey, Great Britain

Lymden Gardens
Lymden Gardens
Part of the 1960s or 70s Woodlands Estate (see TQ2549 : Entrance to the Woodlands Estate). All the roads are named after vicars of St Mary's Church: in this photo is Lymden Gardens (named after John Lymden, vicar from 1532 to 1536 and the last prior of Reigate prior to the dissolution of Reigate Priory in the Reformation). The other roads on the estate are Harrison Close (named after John Harrison, vicar from 1847 to 1901), Talbot Close (named after Richard Talbot, vicar from 1929 to 1947), Sheldon Close (named after Frederick Sheldon, vicar from 1947 to 1957) and Cranston Close (named after Andrew Cranston, vicar from 1697 and 1708 and founder of the Cranston Library, the first public lending library in Britain - see TQ2550 : St Mary's Church, Reigate).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ian Capper and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ2549, 373 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 26 July, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 6 February, 2010
Category
Houses > Houses   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 257 496 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:13.9249N 0:12.0532W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 257 496
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 28 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register