SD4692 : All Saints Church, Underbarrow

near to Underbarrow, Cumbria, Great Britain

All Saints Church, Underbarrow
All Saints Church, Underbarrow
Pevsner wrote of this church: 'a naughty design, with a spirelet on the S porch turret and a polygonal apse with a gable to each side. It was built in 1869, designed by Joseph Bentley of Kendal. The spire is secured to the bell-turret by a stone ball hanging from a chain! This is the third church on the site; the others were built in 1547 and 1708. Underbarrow was a chapelry of Kendal parish until it became a independent parish in 1725. Now it shares a priest with Helsington and Crook.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD4692, 75 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Second Visitor for SD4692)
Date Taken
Saturday, 6 May, 2006   (more nearby)
Monday, 15 May, 2006
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 463 926 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:19.5680N 2:49.6310W
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 112 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
please donate