TQ3681 : The Troxy Cinema, Commercial Road

near to Stepney, Tower Hamlets, Great Britain

The Troxy Cinema, Commercial Road
The Troxy Cinema, Commercial Road
Opened in 1933, the Troxy seated over 3,500 people but now looks in a sad state of repair. It has also been a venue for top artists like the Andrews Sisters, Gracie Fields, Petula Clark and even Clark Gable. The first film shown was King Kong. The last, in 1960, was The Siege of Sydney Street. Like most cinemas of that age, it finished up as a Bingo Hall.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Williams and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2006
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3681, 321 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Third Visitor for TQ3681)
Date Taken
Saturday, 20 May, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 20 May, 2006
Category
Cinema   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 360 811 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:30.7479N 0:2.4921W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


This page has been viewed about 6989 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
donate to geograph