NT3974 : Preston Tower, Prestonpans

taken 12 years ago, near to Prestonpans, East Lothian, Great Britain

Preston Tower, Prestonpans
Preston Tower, Prestonpans
Remains of a late medieval towerhouse with associated gardens. The four storey tower house was built in the early 15th century with the addition of two stories in the early 17th century. It was burnt down three times; in 1544 by the Earl of Hereford as part of Henry VIII's 'Rough Wooing', in 1650 by Cromwells troops and again in 1663 by accident.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Lisa Jarvis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT3974, 173 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 20 May, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 22 May, 2006
Category
Tower house   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 391 741 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:57.3687N 2:58.5387W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 391 741
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 381 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register