TQ5202 : The Other Side of Alfriston's Village Sign

taken 15 years ago, near to Alfriston, East Sussex, Great Britain

The Other Side of Alfriston's Village Sign.
The Other Side of Alfriston's Village Sign.
This side appears to show a smuggler and a soldier at the village cross. The church in the background is St Andrew's, the "Cathedral of the Downs". It dates back to ca 1360 and is built on a mound by the Cuckmere River.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Colin Smith and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ5202, 226 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
August 2002   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 27 May, 2006
Category
Village sign   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 520 029 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:48.3434N 0:9.3513E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 520 029
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Third Visitor for TQ5202)
This page has been viewed about 76 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register