SJ3173 : Bishop Wilson C of E Primary, Puddington Lane, Burton

taken 12 years ago, near to Burton, Cheshire, Great Britain

Bishop Wilson C of E Primary, Puddington Lane, Burton
Bishop Wilson C of E Primary, Puddington Lane, Burton
A modern school on Puddington Lane named after Thomas Wilson, Bishop of the Isle of Man from 1698 to 1755, who was born in Burton. In 1724-5 Bishop Wilson built the original School and Schoolmaster's House, a group of red stone buildings, standing very prominently on the brow of the hill, commanding an extensive view over the estuary. They were given by Bishop Wilson for the free education of the Burton boys and girls and of four from Puddington, he also endowed them with 26 acres of land lying to the north of the hill.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3173, 9 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 June, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 4 June, 2006
Category
School   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 319 739 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:15.4629N 3:1.3368W
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SJ3173) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 254 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register