SP8915 : Old Church Tower, Long Marston

near to Long Marston, Hertfordshire, Great Britain

Old Church Tower, Long Marston
Old Church Tower, Long Marston
This tower is all that remains of the old All Saints Chapel of Ease in Long Marston. It is set in a small churchyard. This old church was last used on 27th April 1882 when it was used for a wedding, it was considered so dangerous at the time that only the "contracting parties" were allowed into the chapel. It was demolished (all but the tower) a few months later.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Rob Farrow and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP8915, 45 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Second Visitor for SP8915)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 June, 2006   (more nearby)
Monday, 5 June, 2006
Religious buildings > Church tower   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 894 156 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:49.9122N 0:42.2414W
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 128 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved