TF2726 : Wykeham Chapel

near to Weston, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Wykeham Chapel
Wykeham Chapel
Standing alone just south of Spalding Marsh, this was built in 1311 by Prior Clement Hatfield to be the private chapel of his country residence. The line of the rectangular moat survives, part of it still filled with water. Clement of Hatfield was Lord Prior of the Benedictine Priory in Spalding from 1292 to 1318. The ruin is tucked away behind Wykeham Farm. View from the field to the east of Marsh Road.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Kate Jewell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF2726, 12 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Friday, 9 June, 2006   (more nearby)
Saturday, 10 June, 2006
Chapel (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 276 264 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:49.2235N 0:6.4389W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 271 266
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 359 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
donations welcome!