SW7251 : Remains of former harbour at Trevaunance Cove

taken 12 years ago, near to St Agnes, Cornwall, Great Britain

Remains of former harbour at Trevaunance Cove
Remains of former harbour at Trevaunance Cove
Located on the west side of the bay, this harbour was built in 1798. It enabled the development of a pilchard fishery and the import and export of coal and ore. The harbour stood for 118 years but due to lack of maintenance was demolished in the storms of 1915/16. Many of the rectangular stones can be seen, but only one corner of the harbour is still standing.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bob Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SW7251, 129 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 7 September, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 11 June, 2006
Category
Harbour   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SW 720 517 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:19.2618N 5:12.2592W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SW 721 517
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 146 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register