NT1378 : Hawes Pier

near to Queensferry, Edinburgh, Great Britain

Hawes Pier
Hawes Pier
This pier is situated at the eastern end of the seafront at South Queensferry, immediately west of the Forth Rail Bridge. The design is that of a sloping slipway rather than a normal pier so it can be used at all states of the tide.

Built in 1812, the Hawes Pier was used as the Southern terminus of the vehicular ferry across the Queensferry Narrows until 1964 when the nearby Forth Road Bridge was opened. Apart from use by recreational sailing vessels and motor cruisers, it now houses the local Inshore Rescue Boat station.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2010
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT1378, 242 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Wednesday, 2 June, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 6 June, 2010
Category
Piers > Piers   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 136 784 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:59.4910N 3:23.1565W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 136 784
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 93 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register