SU5267 : Thatcham

taken 13 years ago, near to Thatcham, West Berkshire, Great Britain

Thatcham
Thatcham
This building was erected in 1304 as the Chapel of St Thomas and was used for worship until about 1550. After a long period of neglect, it was occupied as the Winchcombe Charity School 1707-30 and as a Blue Coat School 1794-1914. Since then it has served as a cooking depot, a classroom and as an antiques shop. It is still known as the Blue Coat School and is owned by Newbury District Council.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Brendan and Ruth McCartney and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU5267, 19 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 9 April, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 9 April, 2005
Category
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 522 674 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:24.2373N 1:15.0575W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 521 674
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SU5267) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 302 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register