TA2833 : St. Margaret's Church, Hilston

taken 11 years ago, near to Hilston, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

St. Margaret's Church, Hilston
St. Margaret's Church, Hilston
The medieval church, probably of 12th-century origin was demolished and rebuilt to designs by J. L. Pearson in 18612 after being neglected for so long it was thought to be beyond repair. This new church suffered extensive bomb damage in 1941 and was rebuilt in 19567 to designs by Mr. Francis Johnson of Bridlington, reusing a Norman doorway from the original church and some 19th century stained glass windows.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA2833, 24 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 23 June, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 24 June, 2006
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 289 335 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:46.9394N 0:2.7099W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 289 335
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 121 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register