ST6877 : Chimney of the disused Brandy Bottom Colliery

taken 11 years ago, near to Pucklechurch, South Gloucestershire, Great Britain

Chimney of the disused  Brandy Bottom Colliery
Chimney of the disused Brandy Bottom Colliery
Photograph taken from the Bristol to Bath Railway Path.
Owned by Lord Radnor, the colliery was opened in the early 19th century and closed in 1936.
The chimney and engine house are still intact, the site is an English Heritage scheduled monument.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Duncan Gammon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST6877, 16 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 23 June, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 24 June, 2006
Category
Colliery   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 6818 7713 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:29.5327N 2:27.5831W
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for ST6877) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 348 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register